The Underfoot team finished this lovely kitchen backsplash with Ames – “Hampton Alloy Metal and Glass” mix mosaic tile. This glass tiled backsplash in a smokey black, white and grey, offsets this beautiful cherry cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. A chef’s dream!
On Trend for 2015: The colour experts at PPG call it “IntroSense”: described as soulful, quality and peace. The trend introduces a new direction in minimalistic styling that blends clean, pared-down designs with quiet nature.
Pair up this paint palette with Shaw’s “Napa Plank” porcelain (vineyard and wood barrel textured finish). Perfect for wine country!
Or this porcelain tile, with the appearance of Calcutta gold marble by Ames. These elements are calming, quiet and muffled. The colour palette includes a nuanced neutral with a subtle hint of blue-green paired with muffled off-whites and grays, and then anchored by a silent black.
Sharing a recent stair flooring project (part of a whole-house we completed). For this busy house we suggested a cocoa-brown, 100%nylon Tuftex carpet by Shaw Floors. Stainmaster protected and rated for heavy traffic, it’s perfect for a high traffic stairway. Our friends at Alberto’s Decorating, paired it up with PPG Stonington painted walls and PPG’s Mountain Gray on the trim.
Powder Room Reno by Underfoot Flooring: Here’s a palette with energy and life, cheerfulness and charm! PPG’s “Maderia” red on the walls complimented with Tarkett’s “Oceanside Stone” vinyl flooring. Get this look now during our Tarkett Vinyl Flooring Sale (on until Nov.15th, 2014). Don’t miss out!
Following installation, clean with a no-rinse product made specifically for laminate floor care.
• Sweep, vacuum or dust mop regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of your floor. (The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head and be certain that the wheels of the vacuum do not damage the finish)
• Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care. Frequency will depend on the amount of traffic the floor receives. Follow the cleaner instructions closely.
• Remove spills or liquids immediately using a soft cloth and the cleaning product recommended. Do not allow spills or liquids to remain on the floor for an extended period of time as it may cause damage to your flooring.
• Never use other types of floor covering cleaning products. (Sheet vinyl, ceramic tile cleaners etc…)
• Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products.
• Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, Tung oil, bleach, polishes or ammonia. Do not use products that may leave a residue allowing the floor to be slippery or sticky and causing your floor to appear dull quickly. This could also damage the flooring, leave a discolouring residue and cause swelling, warping and void the warranty.
• Never use scouring powder products, steel wool or abrasives.
• Put fabric-faced glides (non-staining), casters or felt pad protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
• Keep pet’s nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt.
• Use a dolly or protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
• Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.
• When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on your flooring. It is best to pick up furniture completely to protect the flooring.
• Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings.
• Maintain normal interior humidity levels. The range should be between 40% and 60%. Use a humidifier or dehumidifier if necessary.
|STAIN SOLVER Stain/Problem||Instructions|
|Juice, wine, grease, chocolate||Wipe with lightly-damp cloth and a wood cleaner.Clean with mineral spirits.|
|Lipstick, asphalt, shoe polish, paint, crayon, ink, dried foods, nail polish||Wipe with lightly-damp cloth and a wood cleaner for any remains.|
|Candle wax, chewing gum||Harden with ice and gently scrape with a plastic scraper; be careful not to scratch the flooring surface.|
Coordinating moldings are available for most styles and colours of hardwood flooring. These hardwood accessories add that finished and complete look to your flooring installation. Stairnose Create transitions for steps in your home. Buy the Overlap Stairnose for floors that have been installed using the floating installation method. Buy the Flush Stairnose for hardwood that has been nailed or glued down.
Reducer When your hardwood flooring meets other floor coverings, such as vinyl, thin ceramic tile, or low-pile carpeting, use the Overlap Reducer for floors installed with the floating installation method, and the Flush Reducer on hardwood floors that have been nailed or glued down.
Threshold Typically used at exterior doorways, threshold moldings transition between flooring and the doorway threshold. It can also be used as a transition from wood floors to different flooring surfaces when the reducer won’t do, such as on high-pile carpet or thick ceramic tile.
T-Molding T-Molding is commonly used in doorways to join two wood floors in adjoining rooms. It’s also recommended when making transitions from a wood floor to another floor that is approximately the same height. T-Molding is also used to provide expansion joints when a floor dimension exceeds a length of 40′ or a width of 30′.
Quarter Round Hardwood flooring must be installed with expansion space between the flooring and the wall because it naturally expands and contracts. This molding not only adds a finishing touch, but conceals the expansion space. It may also be used under cabinets where wall base won’t fit or at the base of a stairway.
Designing Spaces’ Debi Marie meets up with Tracy Daves, Design Expert at Shaw Floors to debunk common myths and discuss current trends in carpet. Carpet has been around for decades and comes in a wide variety of styles, textures, and patterns. The new generation of carpets also offer durable, easy to maintain and eco-friendly options to fit every lifestyle. The variety of options is endless and carpet transitions well with other flooring such as hardwood and tile so it’s the perfect fit for any room.
Add character to your home with carpet that’s soft and sophisticated. Ask an Underfoot expert about Shaw’s naturally elegant carpet and area carpets.
Shaw Floors has been crafting beautiful, durable carpets since 1967. Today, we create flooring of all kinds and are named year after year by retailers #1 in Quality, #1 in Service, and #1 in Style.
Browse area rugs online, or drop by our Oliver showroom!
Smart flooring choices that are durable, environmentally friendly and perfect for today’s busy home.
It looks like spring has finally come to the Okanagan! In celebration we are having a huge spring sale on carpet, laminate and vinyl.
Choose from 24 different HGTV carpet styles or anything from the Shaw Anso Nylon colour wall.
German made, Euro Style laminate, 12.3mm thickness, AC4 Commercial rating, integrated aqua stop system for maximum protection against swelling from moisture, stain and imprint resistant, Anti-bacterial coating, and a 25 year residential/ 5 year commercial warranty. Over 26 different colours to choose from including hand scrapped styles.
Tarkett Fiber floor, all styles and colours are now on sale. Fiberfloor is certified asthma and allergy friendly. Lifetime Collection – Lifetime warranty, Magnitude Collection- 25 year warranty, Easy Living- 15 Year warranty, Fresh Start- 10 year warranty.
Come check out our showroom just south of Oliver to get your home looking fresh with an updated floor just in time for summer!