In order to protect your new laminate floor and keep it looking like new, it is important to follow these directions.
Following installation, clean with a no-rinse product made specifically for laminate floor care.
• Sweep, vacuum or dust mop regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of your floor. (The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head and be certain that the wheels of the vacuum do not damage the finish)
• Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care. Frequency will depend on the amount of traffic the floor receives. Follow the cleaner instructions closely.
• Remove spills or liquids immediately using a soft cloth and the cleaning product recommended. Do not allow spills or liquids to remain on the floor for an extended period of time as it may cause damage to your flooring.
• Never use other types of floor covering cleaning products. (Sheet vinyl, ceramic tile cleaners etc…)
• Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products.
• Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, Tung oil, bleach, polishes or ammonia. Do not use products that may leave a residue allowing the floor to be slippery or sticky and causing your floor to appear dull quickly. This could also damage the flooring, leave a discolouring residue and cause swelling, warping and void the warranty.
• Never use scouring powder products, steel wool or abrasives.
• Put fabric-faced glides (non-staining), casters or felt pad protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
• Keep pet’s nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt.
• Use a dolly or protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
• Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.
• When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on your flooring. It is best to pick up furniture completely to protect the flooring.
• Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings.
• Maintain normal interior humidity levels. The range should be between 40% and 60%. Use a humidifier or dehumidifier if necessary.
|STAIN SOLVER Stain/Problem
|Juice, wine, grease, chocolate
||Wipe with lightly-damp cloth and a wood cleaner.Clean with mineral spirits.
|Lipstick, asphalt, shoe polish, paint, crayon, ink, dried foods, nail polish
||Wipe with lightly-damp cloth and a wood cleaner for any remains.
|Candle wax, chewing gum
||Harden with ice and gently scrape with a plastic scraper; be careful not to scratch the flooring surface.